C2 hosted an aerial hammock workshop on Saturday May 7th taught by the lovely Cassandra Chung. I, along with the other students who attended the class, learned a brand new apparatus and a lot of different tricks which incorporate maneuvers from both aerial hoop and aerial silks apparatus’. What a fun class!
Hammock Maneuver – Straddle Dump
- Start by holding the hammock and spinning. Straddle up, hook one leg and re-grab the silk so you can climb into a sitting position.
- From sitting position, go into straddle back balance and cross your legs around the silks.
- Flag one foot in the silk and hook the other knee.
- Grab up on the silks and sit in a straddle. Bring your shoulders in front of the silks.
- Dump forwards and land in an iron cross. Grab up on the silks and lower down.
- You have now completed the “Straddle Dump.”
Check out this video to see how to do “Straddle Dump” on Aerial Hammock.
Stay tuned for the next C2 workshop right here on circus blog!
I started this virtual diary on Circus Blog to keep track of my progress in learning the circus arts at C2 (A2D2’s Cirque Centre). I have been in dance for 16 years and have now started transitioning my skills into both the aerial hoop and aerial silks apparatus’. Because I am relatively new to the world of cirque I would appreciate your feedback and any helpful tips you may have to offer.
Thanks so much for reading!